css - how to link wp tamplate to different stylesheet -


i trying have own stylesheet linked custom page inside theme on wordpress. im using code on header.php

/my-own-styles.css" />

there 2 changes in code made: 'my-template.php' , 'my-own-styles.css' nothing other that. (do need change 'template_directory' too?)

inside theme directory have 'my-own-styles.css' doesn't seem it.

also need .js file have put in same directory wouldnt work..

please help!

in wordpress, need hook javascript , css includes onto wp_enqueue_scripts action, , tell wordpress load them using wp_enqueue_style , wp_enqueue_script functions.

in functions.php file, or other file loaded prior template file (say plugin example), add this:

add_action('wp_enqueue_scripts' , 'enqueue_my_scripts_and_styles'); function enqueue_my_scripts_and_styles() {     wp_register_style('my-own-styles.css',home_url('/').'wp-content/themes/**yourthemename**/my-own-style.css');     wp_enqueue_style('my-own-styles.css');      wp_register_script('my-own-js.js',home_url('/').'wp-content/themes/**yourthemename**/my-own-js.js');     wp_enqueue_script('my-own-js.js');  } 

there better ways create path file, wanted provide example more obvious. best practices, use get_template_directory_uri() http://codex.wordpress.org/function_reference/get_template_directory_uri


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

c# - Send Image in Json : 400 Bad request -

jquery - Fancybox - apply a function to several elements -

An easy way to program an Android keyboard layout app -