mysql - Where is the configuration file? -


i have installed mysql on windows xp machine.

now, because of nature of task need make changes my.ini file.

however can see in c:\program files\mysql\mysql server 5.6 file my-default.ini.

what should do?

my intent rename file my.ini , make changes or copy , rename other place?

just create copy of default, name my.ini , restart mysql.

per documentation:

the new mysql configuration wizard places my.ini file in installation directory of mysql server. helps associate configuration files particular server instances.

to ensure mysql server knows my.ini file, argument similar passed mysql server part of service installation:

--defaults-file="c:\program files\mysql\mysql server 4.1\my.ini"  

here, c:\program files\mysql\mysql server 4.1 replaced installation path mysql server. --defaults-file option instructs mysql server read specified file configuration options when starts.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

c# - Send Image in Json : 400 Bad request -

jquery - Fancybox - apply a function to several elements -

An easy way to program an Android keyboard layout app -